Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 29, 2010

DIY: Customized Flats


I uploaded a new video last night on how to customize your flats! Check out my channel to watch the video or just continue reading and I'll tell you how I did it. 

First, you'll need to gather your materials. I used an old pair of flats that I bought at Target, a paintbrush, a small sharp pair of scissors, a fashion magazine, and Mod Podge (a water based glue/sealer that you can buy at most craft stores for around $8).


I recommend laying newspaper out where you are going to do this because it can get a little sticky! Make sure your flats are clean by wiping them with a damp washcloth or paper towel. While they are drying, flip through your magazine and cut out different pictures or words that you want to glue on your flats.  When your flats are dry, take your paintbrush and dip it into the Mod Podge. Apply a thin layer of this on your flats where you want your magazine clipping to go. Lay it down and cover it with another thin layer of Mod Podge.  Continue doing this until your flats are covered to your liking. Seal your shoes with another layer of Mod Podge and allow them to dry for 30 minutes. Now you have a pair of flats like no other!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers